Monday 23 July 2012

Jools' Pregnant Pasta

Decided to make a batch of Jools' Pregnant Pasta sauce to put in the freezer. I've made this sauce before and it's delicious. It's really quick too! It's from Jamie Oliver's 30 Minute Meals book. You can also find the recipe on Channel 4's website here .
The preparation is dead easy- roughly chop one carrot, one stick of celery and 4 spring onions. The recipe says to just take the stalk off 1-2 red chillis but I deseed too.
Then blitz in a food processor and add 6 good quality sausages (you don't have to skin them first) with 1 teaspoon of dried oregano and 1 heaped teaspoon of fennel seeds. Blitz again- and you end up with some lovely looking mush!
Put this in a frying pan with some olive oil and fry until the sausage is cooked. Keep stirring every now and again and it separates and ends up looking like mince. Add 4 garlic cloves that you just put in a garlic crusher with the skin on and the skins are left behind and a good slug of balsamic vinegar.

Fry gently to cook the garlic and add a tin of chopped tomatoes. At this point I can't add a photo as I realised I had no chopped tomatoes in! Typical! But you get the gist- it's a lovely tasty recipe and my kids and husband love it. The sauce is stirred into cooked pasta and served with grated parmesan and a salad. I found this can make two meals for our family of 4 (two little ones though!) so I usually freeze half the sauce for another day.

Edit: And here is the finished dish after I'd managed to pop to the shops to purchase the tinned tomatoes!


No comments:

Post a Comment